STRATEGIST. AUTHOR. EDUCATOR.
You need an experienced speaker for your next event - someone flexible, educational, but most of all, entertaining. I'm excited to be someone you're considering! This page lays out all the information you'll need as you're working through planning your event and selecting speakers.
who am i?
Simply put, I'm a marketing and business strategist for creative entrepreneurs. I earned my "business stripes" working in marketing for brands like Whirlpool and today, I work in sales and marketing for Google. When I'm not at work for the #1 Best Company to Work For (aka the Corporate Disneyland), I am collaborating with entrepreneurs and corporate clients alike to brainstorm, strategize, and implement strategic plans and processes to better their business and increase their sales.
I'm also a multipassionate human (who isn't?). Beyond working in marketing and strategy, I'm also an author, educator, digital nomad, and whip-smart whiskey drinker. I wrote The Side Hustle Gal and The Bucketlist Babe, co-wrote Big Plan for the Creative Mind, and have an additional book forthcoming - One Honest Woman. You can even read my Bachelor's Thesis (on tattoos in the workplace) and Master's Thesis (on the importance of Employee Resource Groups) online if you're feeling especially nerdy.
I'm involved in our entrepreneurial community, because that's the only way to understand how we can improve. I currently serve as:
- The Rising Tide Society Creative Council Chair
- Mentor at 1871, Chicago's Technology & Entrepreneurship Center
- Member of the Advisory Board of Creative Women's Conversations
- The face of Burgundy Fox, a curated lingerie and sleepwear company
I know you need to know my credentials too - I'm a regular guest contributor and speaker on business strategy worldwide. Beyond my speaking experience, my work (and the work of teams I've been a part of in my corporate and entrepreneurial careers) has been submitted to and recognized by Cannes Lions, the Effies, CASE, the North American Excellence Awards, the American Advertising Awards, the Shorty Awards, and D&AD Impact White Pencil. The same work has been featured in Advertising Age, Adweek, Forbes, Holstee Magazine, Belong Magazine, and more.
what can you expect?
As an event organizer, you're being pulled in a hundred different directions. Finding your speakers shouldn't be the biggest headache on that list. It's my goal to to provide an enjoyable experience for your audience but also for you! Here is what you can expect:
- A Great Presentation Experience: My first priority is delivering content that is easy to understand and entertaining, but most of all - actionable. I assign homework at the end of every presentation I give and offer audience members the opportunity to email me 1:1 to get feedback on the work they produce.
- A Great Pre & Post Experience Too: Planning an event can be stressful and involves a lot of moving parts. It's my goal to make coordinating presentations and selling tickets as simple as possible pre-event. I'm also always happy to follow up with you post-event to aid where possible in post-conference promotion.
current SIGNATURE PRESENTATIONS
in order of popularity with conference organizers.
+ 10 Steps to a Consistent Annual Marketing Strategy
Are you tired of the "feast and famine" roller coaster most entrepreneurs experience? Planning your marketing strategy en masse is the key to a consistent brand presence and a consistent sales cycle. This session will walk you through the 10 core steps to an annual marketing strategy, setting you up to head into the next quarter or year with a clear plan for consistency with your cash and clients. The strategy will connect all the pieces of your brand and is designed to ensure that all messaging and communication strategies are consistent and customer-centered. You'll leave having:
- identified your future-state business goals,
- crafted a cross-platform marketing strategy,
- feeling prepared for seamless execution through your business.
+ Pivoting with Purpose: The Strategic Entrepreneurial Journey
As the "original" Side Hustle Gal and author of the Side Hustle Gal book series, I've seen and done it all - part time, full time, triple time entrepreneurship. I've run a business full time and run a business while also working in corporate and getting a Master's degree. I've left the corporate world to go full time and then went back into the corporate world again. Today I work at Google while also running a business and speaking at conferences all over the globe. There is no one right entrepreneurship path, understand how to craft the path that's right for you. This talk will tell about my journey from side hustler to full time back to side hustler, identify some of the common journeys, and talk about how to plan for pivots in business - both expected and unexpected. You'll leave having:
- Created a defined strategy for pivoting when you need to (whether from one service offering to another or from one kind of entrepreneurship to another)
- Outlined ways to increase your visibility and leverage your unique path for appropriate PR placements and media opportunities.
- Understood that there is no one correct path, but getting clear on your path is critical to success.
Please note that not all engagements are listed here. Not all 2018 conferences have announced their lineups yet.
- Rising Tide Society Leaders' Retreat (January 2018, New Orleans LA) Diversity & Inclusion Panel
- Albion College (January 2018, Albion MI) Entrepreneurship and Marketing
- Lesbians Who Tech (March 2018, San Francisco CA) 10 Steps to a Consistent Annual Marketing Strategy
- #WeAllGrow Summit (March 2018, Long Beach CA) 10 Steps to a Consistent Annual Marketing Strategy
- Reset Conference (April 2018, Indianapolis IN) 10 Steps to a Consistent Annual Marketing Strategy
- Brave Initiatives (May 2018, Detroit MI) Entrepreneurship and Social Media Marketing
- Google (Summer 2018) Public Speaking: Why Its Important and How to Get Started
- Camp Climb (August 2018, New Liberty IA) Pivoting with Purpose: The Strategic Entrepreneurial Journey
- Together Experience (September 2018, Portland OR) 10 Steps to a Consistent Annual Marketing Strategy
- Boss Rising (October 2018, Chicago IL) Integrated Marketing for Creative Entrepreneurs
these are presentations not listed above that I have given at conferences in the past. please get in touch if you're interested in these topics.
- Small Time, Big Leagues: How working with big brands can benefit your small business.
- Empowering Individuals to Lead from Below
- Taking the Scary out of SEO & Google Analytics
- Realistic Passive Income Solutions
- Pitch Perfect: How to structure your brand and sponsorship pitches
past presentations have taken place at events like:
what do people have to say about my presentations?
"Dannie Lynn Fountain provided the motivational anchor my conference needed."
"Her no fluff, actionable approach was everything."
"Dannie is the perfect blend of engaging, articulate, and vulnerable."
"Having Dannie [as] a part of my event was one of the best choices I made."
"I've had the opportunity to watch Dannie speak multiple times at in-person events as well as through virtual events, And through both mediums she always kills it."
“Slay girl, slay! The content was so relevant and powerful. Easily the best presentation of the entire conference!”
ASSETS YOU MIGHT NEED
Dannie Lynn Fountain is a marketing strategist and whip-smart whiskey drinker. Currently working at Google, Dannie honed her skills working in marketing for brands such as Whirlpool and H&R Block. She has a combined 9 years experience as an entrepreneur and strategist. Today, she works with entrepreneurs and corporate clients alike to brainstorm, strategize, and implement strategic marketing processes to better their business and increase their sales. Beyond strategy, Dannie is the author of four books on entrepreneurship and a regular speaker on strategy worldwide. Her work has been submitted to and recognized by Cannes Lions, the Effies, and more.
Please feel free to use the provided headshots as needed.
All headshots should be credited to Verdigris Photography & Design WHERE POSSIBLE.
CONTENT FROM PAST ENGAGEMENTS
I am currently an employee at Google, Inc. However, this website, all it's contents, all the contents of all outbound links (i.e. social media accounts, etc.) and the contents of any speaking engagement are my personal opinions and do not reflect the opinions of Google, Inc., it's parent company, or any of it's subsidiaries.