Episode 013 | Caitlyn Allen, Caitlyn Allen
Joining Dannie and Lola on the Self Made Babe Podcast 013 is Caitlyn Allen. After moving from Northern Michigan to Southern Arizona, Caitlyn joined AmeriCorps VISTA (which is like domestic PeaceCorps). Now as her time with them is coming to an end she has found herself supporting industry leaders like Dannie, Dannie's collaboration with Rosemary Watson + Jana Bishop: The Sellers Society, and Reina Pomeroy as their business sidekick. Caitlyn takes on many Virtual assisting tasks such as Inbox Management, Website Management + SEO, Scheduling and Calendar Management, Social Media Management, Blog Content Management and a whole lot more.
- Struggling to Manage a Side Hustle - How to Survive While Still Working a Full Time Job
- Paper Planners Are Not Dead - Embracing Writing Things Down
- Learning The Basic of Running A Business - Transferring Your Mindset From Hustle to Full Time
- Big Life Choice + Changes - Do You Take the Leap Into Your Side Hustle or Take Safety in a 9-5?
- There Are Never Too Many Questions - Being Passionate About Learning More
- Charging What You Are Worth - Making Your Dream Pay Your Bills
- Growing Up Poor - How Does That Effect Your Adulthood Financial Fears
- Commitment Issues - Keeping Up With Our Own Business When We Want to Just Focus on Our Client Work
- It's Not an Accident That You're Doing Well - Don't Let That Trap You
- 10 day, 30 days, 60 days and 90-day goals for Caitlyn
Yes, my name is Caitlyn Allen! I am a northern-Michigan country girl turned Arizonan desert rat. Almost two years ago I moved from northern Michigan to southern Arizona to start my life after college. I joined AmeriCorps VISTA, it’s like domestic PeaceCorps, by taking a job on the spot. I packed up my car and moved across the country in my Chevy tracker. [Can you tell I am a bit adventurous?]]
Anyway, long story short, I will be ending my second VISTA term this August and I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do. That’s where Dannie Fountain introduced me into the world of virtual assisting. At first I was hesitant, I would say, “This isn’t in my ‘plan'” or “What if I don’t know how to do something a client asks?”
But after taking on a few clients I have learned that I LOVE helping others. I love being there to help in any way necessary, like those multi-purpose tools you can use for just about everything!
Fun fact about me: when I am not supporting entrepreneurs, I’m usually chasing cacti and scorpions out here in the Sonoran desert.